top of page
  • Leila Moulana

Immigrant vs. Non-Immigrant Visas

Updated: Feb 10, 2022

Are you confused on which Visa (and by Visa, I don't mean the credit card) you need? Read below to learn more on the difference between an Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visa.

Non-Immigrant Visas, which allow you to enter the U. S. for a temporary period for the purpose of pleasure, business, work, studies, investment, etc. At the completion of the purpose of your stay, you must depart from the United States unless you have applied for permanent residence (green card). Types of Non-Immigrant Visas include:

  • H-1B Visa for Professional Workers

  • H-2B Visa for Seasonal Workers

  • H-3 Visa for Professional Trainees

  • B-1/B-2 Visa for Tourists and Short-Term Business

  • E-1 Visa for International Trade Workers

  • E-2 Visa for Investors or Essential Employees

  • E-3 Visa for Australian Professional Workers

  • F-1 Visa for Students

  • J-1 Visa for Academic Trainees

  • L-1 Visa for Multinational Company Employees

  • K-1 Visa for Fiancé’s of US Citizens

  • O-1 Visa for Persons of Extraordinary Abilities

  • P-1 Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

  • R-1 Visa for Religious Workers

  • TN Visa for Canadian and Mexican Professional Workers

Immigrant Visas, which allow you to enter the U. S. for permanent residency (green card). There are two types of immigrant visas: Employment-based immigrant visas ("EB") and Family-based immigrant visas ("FB"). Types of Immigrant Visas include:

  • EB-1 Visa for Priority Workers (Multinational Executives, Outstanding Researchers, Extraordinary Ability)

  • EB-2 Visa for Advanced Degree Workers or National Interest Waivers

  • EB-3 Visa for Skilled and Unskilled Workers

  • EB-4 Visa for Special Immigrants (Religious, Battered Spouses)

  • EB-5 Visa for Investors

  • FB-1 Visa for unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. Adult means 21 years of age or older

  • FB-2 Visa for spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children (under twenty-one), and the unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents

  • FB-3 Visa for married sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens

  • FB-4 Visa for brothers and sisters of adult U.S. Citizens

Call now for your free telephone consultation!!

(714) 743-2175

9 views0 comments
bottom of page